Longston Park, or the Reluctant Handkerchief
Lady Edith Barouche and Mrs. Elinor Chaisse seek the
attentions of Miss Gloria Worthington for their marriageable sons. To attain
their ends, there's no treachery to which the mothers will not stoop, provided
they maintain their manners whilst stooping.
Read a selection from
- LADY EDITH BAROUCHE, a society woman, early 50s
- MRS. ELINOR CHAISSE, Lady Barouche's neighbor, early 50s
- MR. FITZPATRICK BAROUCHE, Lady Barouche's son, late 20s
- MR. FITZGERALD CHAISSE, Mrs. Chaisse's son, late 20s
- MISS GLORIA WORTHINGTON, a young woman of means, early 20s
After overdosing on Jane Austen, I thought it would be fun
to combine the fastidiously proper language and manners of her characters with a
slapstick farce. Unfortunatley, I am the only person who thought this.